Have Your Own Back
body-based mindfulness practices to help you stay with yourself and be yourself no matter what
Thursdays March 1, 8, 15, 22
Tune in live or download to listen later
lecture, embodied practices, Q+A
The relationship you have with yourself is the most important relationship you have. But many of us haven’t learned how to be in a loving, secure relationship with ourselves. We’ve been too busy trying to manage and mitigate discomfort in all its forms through outdated behaviors that ultimately just cause us more trouble.
Through weekly live webcasts that you can download and keep, you’ll learn body-based mindfulness practices and self-regulation techniques to establish a trustworthy and felt connection to yourself so you can stay grounded and true to yourself when shit gets hard.
Mixing teachings about how the brain and nervous system respond to uncomfortable situations with accessible skills you can apply in your daily life, you’ll learn how to:
- manage anxiety and build faith and confidence in yourself
- bring the real you to your relationships and your work
- change critical self-talk and reassign the inner critic so she’s not running the show
- calm your nervous system so you can be your best self even when things are uncomfortable
- give yourself the 3 essential nutrients every human needs
- have your own back no matter what so that you can experience more freedom and joy
If you're wondering if this course is a good fit for you, it will be helpful if you:
- want to stop seeking belonging and approval at the expense of yourself
- are done with doing the things that cause you discomfort but are scared things won’t change
- live neck up, hurried, tight or numbed out but want to feel more alive, fluid and connected
- are sensitive and try to manage your emotions by thinking, thinking, thinking
- want to find mastery over your monkey mind and be more engaged, creative and productive
- are pretty good at self-care and you’ve done a lot of self-work, but you don’t feel self-love
***A practical note: though the course is video-based, only Jay will be visible on screen--you as the participant are completely anonymous unless you choose to ask a question at the end, and even then you can do so without being seen on camera.
Here's the breakdown of the 4 weeks:
how the cultural, neurobiological and relational odds are stacked against you having your own back.
how to run your emotions rather than your emotions running you, and how to set healthy boundaries.
the cast of characters.
how to tell which parts of you are running the show and how to get your true self to show up instead.
the holy grail.
how to trust yourself, act on your knowing, and not sell yourself short or sell yourself out.
***This training may complement, but shouldn't replace, psychotherapy, counselling or medical care for mental health conditions. Please discuss this training with your mental health care provider prior to registering.